Before you start
There are a few things you should do before starting step 1:
- Familiarize yourself with the Navigation features SYNC 3 provides.
- Personalize your Map, Route, and Navigation preferences from the Settings menu to ensure you’ll be routed as efficiently as possible.
- Make sure your vehicle is in Park. (You can’t add a Favorite location while your vehicle is in motion.)
Press the Nav icon in the Feature bar at the bottom of the screen to access the main Navigation screen.
Note: The steps for setting up either a Home or Work address are the same.
Press the Destination icon.
The Set a Destination screen appears. Press the Home/Setup or Work/Setup icon to set up your desired address as a destination.
An “Add a Favorite for Home [or Work]?” message will appear. Press Yes to continue.
Enter the address of your desired location in the text box. You can also enter a city, point of interest, or intersection.
When finished, press Search.
Once SYNC finds the destination, it will display a map and address for your desired location.
- If the information is correct, press Save.
- Or, if SYNC doesn’t provide the result you want, press the Arrow icon in the upper left-hand corner to edit your information.
Once your destination information is correct, SYNC will save the location to your list of Favorites.
To add a Favorite location, press the + Add a Favorite icon. You can also Press the Favorites icon from the main Set a Destination screen (see step 3).
Follow steps 5 – 7 to enter and save addresses of additional locations. Each time you add a new location, SYNC will save it to this list.
To Edit or Delete a favorite destination, select the destination you wish to change from your Favorites list.
A screen will then appear displaying a map and address for the location. Press Edit.
Next, a screen will display the following options:
- Change Name
- Change Icon
- Change Location
Select the appropriate icon to edit or delete your destination’s information.