SECURICODETM KEYLESS ENTRY KEYPAD
The keypad is located near the driver’s window. Depending on your vehicle, it may have physical buttons, or it may be invisible until it is touched. Once you press the keypad, it will light up so that you can see and touch the appropriate buttons. Please note that the keypad may not work if you input your entry code too quickly. If this happens, simply enter your code more slowly.
- Lock or unlock the doors
- Recall saved seat and mirror positions
- Arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm
- Open the trunk
- Program and erase personal entry codes
You can operate the keypad with the factory-set 5-digit entry code. The code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box and is available from an authorized dealer. You can also create up to five of your own 5-digit personal entry codes.
Unlocking and Locking the Doors
To Unlock the Driver Door
Enter the factory-set 5-digit code or your personal code. You must press each number within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate. All doors will unlock if you enable the all-door unlocking mode. See Locking and Unlocking.
To Unlock All Doors
Enter the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 3•4 within five seconds.
To Lock All Doors
With the driver door closed, press and hold 7•8 and 9•0 at the same. You do not need to enter the keypad code first.
To Release the Trunk
Enter the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 5•6 within five seconds.
Personal Entry Codes
Programming a Personal Entry Code
To create your own personal entry code:
- Enter the factory-set code.
- Press 1•2 on the keypad within five seconds.
- Enter your personal 5-digit code. You must enter each number within five seconds of each other.
- Press 1•2 on the keypad to save personal code 1.
- The doors will lock and unlock to confirm that you have successfully programmed a personal entry code.
To program additional personal entry codes, repeat Steps 1-3, and then press one of the following buttons at Step 4.
- Press 3•4 to save personal code 2.
- Press 5•6 to save personal code 3.
- Press 7•8 to save personal code 4.
- Press 9•0 to save personal code 5.
You may also program a personal entry code through the MyFord Touch system (if equipped). See Settings.
- Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
- Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
- The factory-set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
Recalling Memory Positions (If Equipped)
The programmed entry codes will recall driver memory positions as follows:
- Entry code 1 will recall driver 1 saved positions.
- Entry code 2 will recall driver 2 saved positions.
- Entry code 3 will recall driver 3 saved positions.
- Entry codes 4 and 5 will not recall memory positions.
Erasing a Personal Code
- Enter the factory-set 5-digit code.
- Press and release 1•2 on the keypad within five seconds.
- Press and hold 1•2 for two seconds. You must do this within five seconds of completing Step 2.
- All personal codes are now erased and only the factory-set 5-digit code will work.
The keypad will go into an anti-scan mode if you enter the wrong code seven times (35 consecutive button presses). This mode disables the keypad for one minute, and the keypad lamp will flash.
The anti-scan feature will turn off after:
- One minute of keypad inactivity
- Pressing the unlock button on the remote control
- Switching the ignition on
- Unlocking your vehicle using intelligent access
Displaying the Factory Set Code
With Integrated Keyhead Transmitters
You will need to have two programmed passive anti-theft keys for this procedure. To display the factory-set code in the information display:
- Insert a key into the ignition and switch the ignition on for a few seconds.
- Switch the ignition off and remove the key.
- Insert the second key into the ignition and switch the ignition on.
- The factory-set code will display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.
With Intelligent Access Keys
You will need to have two programmed intelligent access keys for this procedure. To display the factory-set code in the information display:
- Place the first programmed key in the backup slot inside the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear. If there is no backup slot, place the key underneath the rubber covering at the bottom of the cup holder.
- Press the START/STOP button once and wait a few seconds.
- Press the START/STOP button again and remove the key.
- Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, then press the START/STOP button.
- The factory-set code will appear in the information display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.