Keyless entry is just an opening act.
Lincolns Phone As A Key delivers all of the functionality of a traditional key fob — including keyless door lock and unlock, push button start, trunk release, temporary valet codes, and more. The Phone As A Key Bluetooth Low Energy technology is standard on 2020 Lincoln Navigator available on Lincoln Aviator and Corsair.
Get Started with Phone As A Key
If you haven't already, navigate to the bottom of your Lincoln Way app Vehicle Details screen to “Phone As A Key” and select “Setup Required”. An alternative is to select the “key” controls button at the top of the home screen to start Phone as a Key setup.
- Download the Lincoln Way™ app to your smartphone,
- Create and/or log in with a username and passcode if you haven’t already done so
- Give your virtual key a name
Your virtual key fob will then be downloaded to your Lincoln Way app.
Rarely apart. Better together.
Once you pair your compatible smartphone with your new Lincoln you'll unlock the full capabilities of Phone As A Key™.
Pairing your smartphone is fast and easy
- Your Lincoln Way app will prompt you to establish a secure Bluetooth® connection by sending a temporary Bluetooth passcode in the ap
- Select “Copy and Continue” and then copy the passcode to your clipboard. Paste or enter the passcode into the “Bluetooth Pairing Request” pop-up screen
- When the Bluetooth connection has been established, the “Phone As A Key Complete” screen will display
Even your best plan should have a backup plan
The Backup Ignition Passcode, created and stored securely within your vehicle, allows you to operate your Lincoln even if your phone is lost or the battery is dead. Once you have completed the Phone as a Key setup, a Backup Ignition Passcode can be chosen. Ensure the key fob is nearby when setting up the Backup Ignition Passcode.
How to create your backup start passcode
- Select “Yes” on the SYNC® 3 screen when prompted to set up the backup start passcode. First, select your phone from the Key Devices listed on the SYNC screen
- From here, select a preferred passcode from the keypad on the screen. This can be an 8-digit combination of letters, symbols and numbers. After it’s entered once, the system will prompt you to re-enter the passcode.
- Once completed, click “Done”.
- If you would like to set up the backup start passcode later, navigate to Vehicle Settings to create the passcode. A Backup Ignition Passcode must be created in order to use Valet Mode (Vehicle Settings > Backup Ignition Passcode > Create a New Backup Passcode).
You take security personally. So does Lincoln.
Once you’ve created your Backup Ignition Passcode, SYNC® 3will prompt you to create a Personal Door Keypad code, which is in addition to the current master door keypad code.
- Select Create a new keypad code and SYNC will display a screen for entering the code.
- Type in the five-digit personal door keypad code twice.
- SYNC will display a message that the personal door keypad code was created successfully.
IS THIS HELPFUL?