With a simple voice command, SYNC® with MyLincoln Touch® enables you to listen to text messages while your iPhone® is securely put away.12, 25
Restart your vehicle
Before you check if you can start using the text messaging feature right away, you’ll need to restart your vehicle:
1. Turn off the ignition.
2. Open the driver’s side door.
3. Wait for the instrument cluster to turn off.
4. Close the driver’s side door.
5. Start your vehicle again.
Note: Your iPhone will notify SYNC of incoming text messages only when the messaging application is not displayed on the phone screen.
Test receiving a text message
You can now test the text messaging feature. Have a friend or family member send a text message to your iPhone and check for the following:
1. SYNC should alert you to the incoming text message with a soft tone, and you should see a notification displayed on your center screen.
2. Press or pull the Voice button and say, “Listen to text message.”
3. SYNC should read the text message aloud.
If SYNC was able to display an alert and read the incoming text message aloud, you’re all set! You can continue enjoying this feature without additional set up.
If SYNC does not receive the message
If SYNC never displayed the text message alert or was unable to read the text message aloud, then you may need to restart your iPhone to its factory settings and try these instructions again.